Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does FCP 10.2 it work with OS X 10.10.3

I would like to update to the newest version of Final Cut Pro and I just updated to Yosemite 10.10.3. Is the newest version of Final Cut Pro 10.2 compatible.

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5 8 GB Ram

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 7:35 AM

7 replies

Apr 22, 2015 8:45 AM in response to RayRJFVideo

The latest version of FCP X, 10.2, requires 10.10.2 or 10.10.3 to run.

I have been running on 10.10.3 without incident.

This was a substantial update, and I am very happy with it, but a number of problems have been reported - some with plugins and more acutely problems with mostly Panasonic cameras.

As always, two important pieces of common sense advice for any update:

1) Don't update if you are in the middle of an important project

2) Have a complete and confirmed working backup.

That said, the improvements in this version are awesome. Most people will probably talk about 3D titles (and they did it sublimely well, in my huble opinion), but that alas has a tremendous potential for abuse (as in bad taste 3D for no reason). For me, the masking capabilities available consistently for *any* effect are amazing. The library-wide smart collections, an important help in organization. Plus many little things.

Of course, all is moot if you are one of the (few) people for which the update meant a lot of grief. But as long as abide by 1) and 2) above, you'll be safe (and Murphy's law says that problems are then *less* likely :-))

Does FCP 10.2 it work with OS X 10.10.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.