Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't sign in to the app store

It's been days since I've first come upon this problem. At first I thought it would just pass but it didn't.

I've first come upon this problem when I signed out of my Apple ID to log in to another account. I've done this before so I never thought I would come across a problem. When I tapped the sign in button, I couldn't access the App Store. So I tried logging in to the Apple ID account I signed out from minutes ago. But to my surprise I couldn't log in anymore! I tried logging in again and again but to no avail, I couldn't log in. The sign in button would turn grey after I tapped it, processing my request to sign in, but after a few seconds it would turn blue again. I would tap it again and again but it just wouldn't sign in.

I've tried all the suggestions I've come across the Internet:

1. Sign out then Sign in again

2. Change date and time to automatic

3. Reset router (I've used different routers)

4. Reset all settings

5. Sign up/Make another Apple ID

6. Restart iPad

I've also tried signing out then signing in again on my iCloud and it works perfectly fine. So the problem is on the iTunes and App Store.

I'm really frustrated about this issue because I couldn't download any apps because of this. It has put a strain in my life. I hope you could help me solve my problem. Thanks in advance.

By the way, before the incident I've just recently updated my iPad to iOS 8.3.

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 9:59 AM

Hi jelladlra,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPad. If you are having issues logging in or connecting to the iTunes Store, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 9:59 AM in response to jelladlra

Hi jelladlra,

I'm sorry to hear you are having these issues with your iPad. If you are having issues logging in or connecting to the iTunes Store, you may find the information and troubleshooting steps outlined in the following articles helpful:

Can't connect to the iTunes Store - Apple Support

iTunes: Advanced iTunes Store troubleshooting - Apple Support

Regards,

- Brenden

Apr 29, 2015 1:18 PM in response to jelladlra

Hi jelladlra and all,

I am a very early iPhone6 64GB onwer who experienced exactly the same problem than yours, few days after (but not right after) the iOS 8.3 update.

I experienced this problem few days before your post. As of now there are thousands of posts on the Internet about issues connecting to iTunes & App Store from an iPhone/iPad, but I was able to find less than 10 posts all over the Internet that might eventually correspond to my problem, and one post, Jelladlra's, that perfectly matches.

Logging to iCloud from my iPhone works perfectly with all of my 3 Apple ID's.

Logging to iTunes Store from my MacBook works perfectly with all of my 3 Apple ID's.

However, absolutely no way to login to the iTunes & App Store from my iPhone with any of my 3 Apple ID's. Absolutely nothing happens after login, besides that after pressing the "Sign In" blue-text-on-white-background-button, the blue text becomes gray then blue again.

I tried everything as Jelladlra, and anything else (I think) that can be done, including restoring my iPhone from a backup from another (working) iPhone. I also did the same thing the other way round! All my attemps failed but I could at least confirm the problem was my iPhone, and nothing else.

As a last resort I called the Apple Support. Sparing the details, the final answer was "your iPhone needs to be replaced; here are the options". I wanted to know more and I insisted to know the root cause and I was told what happened to my iPhone is "an electronic failure associated with the iOS update process" but that was as much as I could get as information.

Today I received a brand new iPhone6, just restored from backup, problem gone.

I am sorry Jelladlra for the bad news and I am interested to know more if anyone has anything to share.

- Delphi8000

The following is for Geeks only. The electronics failure answer is a difficult answer for me to swallow, but not impossible. After some Googling I found out rumors reporting that the first iPhone6 flash memories are TLC NAND type and have some reliability issues, whereas the more recent memories are MLC NAND type, faster and way more reliable. This is of course pure speculation but it might eventually explain:

http://appleinsider.com/articles/14/11/07/rumor-faulty-flash-memory-in-select-ip hone-6-6-plus-units-prompts-apple-to-mak…

http://www.eteknix.com/apple-disabled-tlc-memory/

Following app allows to know if you have TLC or MLC memory but unfortunately it does not work for iOS 8.3 at the time I'm writing this:

http://www.pgyer.com/tlccheck

If you jailbrake you can connect as root through ssh and get to know your memory type:

http://www.redmondpie.com/how-to-check-if-iphone-6-6-plus-has-mlc-or-tlc-nand-fl ash-memory-video/

Otherwise you need to open up your iPhone, look at the memory chip, Google the writing on it and get the memory datasheet.

Please let me know if anyone knows how to know the iPhone memory type without jailbreaking or opening the iPhone !

Cheers!

Apr 30, 2015 2:41 AM in response to jelladlra

Corrections/Addition to my Apr 29, 2015 10:18 PM reply

1. Replace "MLC NAND type, faster and way more reliable" with "MLC NAND type, slower and way more reliable".

2. I was finally able to determine that both the two iPhone's have the same MLC memory type, which obsoletes the previous speculation.

3. *** Big surprise: After the 3rd (THIRD) unplanned restore-from-a-backup attempt of the original problematic iPhone, the original problematic iPhone now perfectly fine and could connect to the iTunes App store right away and normally ***.

So Jelladra, you should connect your iPad to iTunes, back it up and restore it from the backup, and do this more than once. Let me know if it works.

May 7, 2015 11:05 AM in response to jelladlra

This was driving me crazy too. I couldn't sign in or sign out. Trying to download an app prompted to login, and trying to login in the Settings for iTunes and App Store didn't work. I finally found another discussion that pointed me to the resolution I needed. I had to to into the iTunes Store on my iPhone (not the App Store) and sign out there. Once I did that, my account behaved properly and I was able to log into the App store and download updates and apps.

Can't sign in to the app store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.