Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not install Adobe Creative Cloud

I am a subscriber to Adobe Creative Cloud, mainly for Lightroom and Photoshop but I dabble with some of the other components. I noticed at around the time of my upgrade to Yosemite that I lost the Adobe CC Manager icon at the top of the desktop. I am trying to upgrade Lightroom to the latest version and the only way to do this is with CC manager. I have had help from Adobe Support and completely removed all Adobe products and re-installed the Creative Cloud Manger but it still will not run, the icon appears for a second and then disappears.

I am able to log in as a ROOT user and Adobe Creative Cloud Manager runs, so have been able to install the applications that way but this I feel is a temporary work around and I would like to be able to run CC Manager from my own user account.

That is as far as Adobe Support would take me and they said I should speak to Apple.

I have also tried the following

1. Running a disk Utility on start up and verifying and repairing disk permissions and Verifying and repairing disk - there were some errors

2. Installing an older version of Java as I was getting a Java error on logging in

3. Re installing OS X by downloading it from the app store

Can you please help?

Imac, Mac OS X (10.6.6)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 8:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 7:14 AM

ShawWellPete wrote:

That is as far as Adobe Support would take me and they said I should speak to Apple.

Do you have any issues with installing apps others then from Adobe? If not, then IMHO this issue has nothing to do with Apple and you should go back to Adobe Support and do not leave them until they find the solution to the problem that ONLY seems to be related to they own application.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2015 7:14 AM in response to ShawWellPete

ShawWellPete wrote:

Do you have any issues with installing apps others then from Adobe? If not, then IMHO this issue has nothing to do with Apple and you should go back to Adobe Support and do not leave them until they find the solution to the problem that ONLY seems to be related to they own application.

Apr 23, 2015 7:14 AM in response to ShawWellPete

Create a new user and assign the user administrative rights,

boot into that users account.

Open Creative Cloud.

Its possible your current accounts is corrupt. if you can run as root the problem seems to be with your account, not Adobe.

I'm running CC2104 and there was a performance update as of yesterday

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/release-note/cc-release-notes.html

Apr 24, 2015 6:37 AM in response to ShawWellPete

I've never successfully rebuilt a corrupt account but I've created another account and slowly migrated everything over that wasn't part of the account to begin with as needed. If you do this method just don't delete the old account. If the radiator is cracked sometimes it's better to replace it than to pour sealant in it and wait for it to clog.

This assumes Yosemite is built off a 1970 Pontiac Strato-Chief engine block but the analogy sometimes only works with my supported users down here in "Smash Up Derby Country".

May 6, 2015 7:25 AM in response to JimmyCMPIT

Well, several hours with Apple didn't help either but in the end I have found a solution, it may be a sledge hammer to crack a nut :

It did appear to be a permissioning problem as I had an error about the permissioning being incorrect when using a Lightroom plug-in, so I tried the following

1. Logged in as root and changed permission for Macintosh HD and all subsidiary files to be me as owner (not just R/W) - this created all sorts of problems and I could not even reboot, the system got stuck on the apple logo

2. I booted into recovery mode and ran disk permissions but this still created some errors so…

3. I reinstalled OS X over the top

This seems to have worked but when I run a disk utility verify permissions I still get lots of errors like - ACL found but not expected on “Applications/iTunes.app/Contents/Resources/French.lproj/GeniusIntro.itxib” which are not fixed by repair permissions.

Anyway, I have been running it for a few days and all seems to work

Can not install Adobe Creative Cloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.