Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to set-up a network with our current two laptops for a family of 4 w/unique 4 profiles. I'd like everyone to be agnostic about which computer to log into and use but still have private docs and apps (i.e.mail/facebook). How best can I do this?

I want to set-up a network with our current two laptops for a family of 4 with unique 4 profiles. I'd like everyone to be agnostic about which computer to log into and use but still have private docs and apps (i.e. mail/facebook). How best can I do this?

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 8:48 AM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2015 12:42 PM in response to BDAqua

I was doing that but then the website favorites have to be added for each profile and if they change they have to be updated on two computers. Also, photos and other documents that you create in one computer are not visible on the other computer - thus people end up feeling that one particular computer is theirs and they are not truly agnostic.

Apr 23, 2015 8:18 AM in response to BDAqua

I was just using the safari browser. I was starting to set-up iCloud accounts for them. 2 are kids and I don't want them to have email yet (so I adjusted the parental controls so that they can only email me and receive emails from me). I think the home sharing only works on one computer (sharing what is on the one computer) - how can I access my photos in iPhoto from either computer. I tried Home Sharing for iTunes but it didn't work across computers.

I want to set-up a network with our current two laptops for a family of 4 w/unique 4 profiles. I'd like everyone to be agnostic about which computer to log into and use but still have private docs and apps (i.e.mail/facebook). How best can I do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.