Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Pages and Numbres April 21 update fails on iPhone

Yesterday, while using my iPad Air, I found the new iWork updates. They were downloaded slower than usual, and the installation phase took a unusually long time, but the update eventually concluded.

However, this morning I tried the iWork update on my iPhone 6 and it failed. I have tried it again several times to no avail. Keynote was finally updated succesfully, but Pages and Numbers didn't. In the App Store app, the update progress circle closes (very slowly), but it gets stuck without finishing the process (for both apps). In the home screen, both app icons show "Downloading..." and the progress circle stops at 60%.

If I try to stop and restart the update, it gets stuck again. I tried to delete both Pages and Numbers apps in order to re-download them, but the icons stay, the apps are not removed, but they are in a incomplete state or something similar.

I tried to turn the iPhone off and on, but this does not solve the problem.

Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 7:15 AM

8 replies

Apr 23, 2015 6:36 AM in response to kulturhack

I tried to sync using iTunes on my Mac, but the only action allowed for both apps was "update". It didn't give the choice of deleting them. Anyway I proceeded to sync (previously I updated all the iOS apps in the iTunes library), but the update process was extremely slow for both apps, while at the same time I observed the same symptoms on my iPhone: the update progress circle on their icons got stuck about 60%.

Then I just threw in the towel and restored my iPhone.

The only thing I didn't try was deleting both apps from the iTunes library in my Mac, and then resync. But I think that it would have failed, too.

Apr 23, 2015 6:59 AM in response to Dæmon

Thanks for the additional detail.

I did try deleting the iOS Pages app from my purchases using iTunes on my MacBook Pro. Deleting it and then downloading it again didn't help. On the iPhone side, I can't delete Pages no matter how many times I try.

Still haven't reset my iPhone and restored it from my iCloud backup--hoping Apple issues a new Pages upgrade or fixes its app server. But at least it sounds as if a reset/restored worked for you.

FYI: There's another thread in iWork For iOS about Keynote--the poster is also experiencimg something very similar to what we are.

Thanks again.

Apr 23, 2015 7:09 AM in response to kulturhack

The iCloud backup recovery process works flawlessly (the main inconvenience is the long wait until all apps get downloaded).

And yes, I found the other thread... its title is not very descriptive. I think that both threads should be merged under a good title. Obviously more people has been hit by the same problem.

Pages and Numbres April 21 update fails on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.