Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Upgrading to the HD world-help.

It's time.

We are a non profit & I produce educational training video products on DVD for the

Early childhood and Infant toddler world. Am currently using FCP 6.06 and have max'd out

on my imac with snow leopard 10.6.8.

I am looking at the AG DVX200, Panasonic’s first handheld 4K camera, they just introduced

it at NAB Show 2015 or the Nikon DSLR D750.

The panasonic looks like a solid upgrade but the DSLR looks intriguing. Any idea's?

Also, would I be able to continue using my current operating and editing systems

with either of these cameras or will I need upgrade to upgrade to FCP X.

Also I think we should ditch the DVD as a product and just make our

products available to download-any ideas here.

Thanks.

Kevin

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 10:49 AM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2015 3:17 PM in response to Mr. Mctev

Mr. Mctev wrote:

I am looking at the AG DVX200

This camera looks like a real work horse, supposed to come in priced below $5K. Not delivering until late in this year:

http://www.redsharknews.com/production/item/2522-nab-2015-the-return-of-panasoni c’s-golden-child,-the-dvx200

If they can get a sliver of the market share the DVX100B had, they will have a real winner.

or the Nikon DSLR D750.

DSLRs can produce wonderful images, but, depending on how you work, may require a lot of accessories that can boost the total cost of ownership quite a bit. Because of their form factor, and the kinds of lenses they use, they may require a lot more on set effort than the DVX200.

You need to get a hold of a DSLR and do a shoot or two to decide if it is right for you.

We shoot with all kinds of cameras, including DSLRs, (hopefully) fitting the right equipment to the right project.

Also, would I be able to continue using my current operating and editing systems

with either of these cameras or will I need upgrade to upgrade to FCP X.

You will need some workarounds to use FCP6 with modern codecs. This is not a showstopper, but you need to know that going in and weigh the additional steps in your workflow versus the discomfort of learning new edit software.

If you are going to make the software switch, you will probably want to get a current computer as well since the new editors rely on the increased horsepower of modern computer hardware to be able to work with the new codecs.

Also I think we should ditch the DVD as a product and just make our

products available to download

Most clients and end users now prefer this, unless they are looking for archival copies.

MtD

Upgrading to the HD world-help.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.