Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Studio tips

Does anyone have good information regarding Logic Studio (Logic 9)?

Just installing on my re-purposed iMac.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8), Logic Studio

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 10:52 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 12:09 PM in response to mike.adams

OK,let me be specific...I'm new to Logic Studio. I've been using a stand-alone digital workstation for recording for 15 years.

I recently upgraded to Logic Studio. The interface I'm using is the Fast Track by M-Audio.

After initial set-up (a friend of mine who has used Logic 7 for years was helping me). We built templates for recording and tried to do a sample recording using the above with a small mixer plugged in. We attempted to use a microphone, then a bass guitar to try and get signal to the Logic software.

The fast track was recognized by Logic (we could see signal on the output bus but not on the input). Tried several times and did finally get a signal but it was overdriven. As I'm still in the set-up mode of this, does anyone have suggestions for what interface to use with Logic Studio that works well?

I'm open to getting different gear if it's what Logic wants. Yes, we checked the cables, re-checked that the input devices were seen, etc.

Basically is there a preferred set-up for this software? I'd appreciate any help. --Mike

Logic Studio tips

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.