Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture to Photos? Are you SERIOUS?

Okay, so, maybe this is not a question that can be answered but what the heck is Apple doing to professional photographers? Do they not care anymore? I have about 4 terabytes of photographs in various libraries. I don't think Apple is going to let me upload all of my photographs to the cloud. In addition, the adjustments in Photos are crap, they are like children's toys compared to the adjustments in Aperture. I will lose my ability to brush on adjustments, will not be able to save sets of adjustments I use routinely, apply the same level of keywords, share my work in all the places I would normally share them, it is crap, pure and simple, crap. I booted the app and dropped in a few photos just to try it after "upgrading" to the new OS and was shocked to see that the app doesn't even offer the option of opening your photos in another editing app.. what the heck? How about RAW fine tuning? And what about the close to $1000 worth of plug-ins I have purchase for Aperture? How is going to a watered down consumer app, better than sticking with a pro app? HOW? This is the worst move Apple has made in years.. Fortunately I have the last update for Aperture already installed on my computer at home.. I'm now concerned about any new computer purchases, though.. and whether or not I will be able to pull the software over to the new computer from my MacMini. This is a mistake, a huge and disrespectful mistake made by Apple.. throwing photographers in the trash, and favoring iPhone photographers.. it is a joke.. a complete and total joke. Sorry, I'm not happy... can you tell?

Mac mini, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), 16gb RAM, core i7 processor

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 1:00 PM

5 replies

Apr 22, 2015 2:36 PM in response to Acetone.

Yea it works on Yosemite, but that's only for the next 6-9 months till the next OS comes out, then what.

Possible, but unlikely. Look at the millions of people still using iMovie HD 06 and iDVD.

Aperture is likely to continue to work for years to come.

>> but hey photos will run on a phone and watch and that's all the matters. <<

I guess you're right. Apple is simply responding to their primary audience.

There are other good professional photo apps out there. Light room, Capture One, or Lyn.

Aperture to Photos? Are you SERIOUS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.