Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On iPhone 6, How do I display the date, time, and location where a photo was taken

On my previous iPhone (4S), I used the "Info' option in iPhoto to see where and when a photo was taken. I have a new phone (iOS 8.3) and iPhoto is not supported, so I have to use the Photos app. I cannot figure out how to see where and when a photo was taken in the Photos app. Thanks for any insight anyone can provide.

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 1:54 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 2:14 PM

Hello there, marklewis.

When wanting to find location information of photos on your iOS device in iOS 8, the online User Guide provides some great information for how to search:

View photos and videos - iPhone

View by location. While viewing by year or by collection, tap User uploaded file. Photos and videos that include location information appear on a map, showing where they were taken.

While viewing a photo or video, tap to show and hide the controls. Swipe left or right to go forward or backward.

Search photos. From Albums or Photos, tap User uploaded file to search by date (month and year), or place (city and state). Search also keeps your Recent Searches on hand and gives you a list of suggested searches.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2015 2:14 PM in response to marklewis

Hello there, marklewis.

When wanting to find location information of photos on your iOS device in iOS 8, the online User Guide provides some great information for how to search:

View photos and videos - iPhone

View by location. While viewing by year or by collection, tap User uploaded file. Photos and videos that include location information appear on a map, showing where they were taken.

While viewing a photo or video, tap to show and hide the controls. Swipe left or right to go forward or backward.

Search photos. From Albums or Photos, tap User uploaded file to search by date (month and year), or place (city and state). Search also keeps your Recent Searches on hand and gives you a list of suggested searches.

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Pedro.

On iPhone 6, How do I display the date, time, and location where a photo was taken

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.