Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Calendar and 403 error

Hello! I have one item on my iCloud Calendar that is giving me constant 403 error messages. It is just a single Calendar event, but unfortunately it is set to repeat every month into perpetuity. Argh! I can't delete the item from any device or even by going onto iCloud.com, not can I alter it in any way. I get the darned error message several times a day - basically whenever I have to interact with Calendar on my Mac. I can click Ignore and go on with things, as it doesn't affect my other Calendar items, but it is super annoying. I also tried deleting Home>Library>Calendars, as suggested in similar previous posts, and rebooting, but nothing changed (and I did see my calendars being re-formed after doing this). Any other suggestions for me?

Thank you!

- BH

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 2:27 PM

3 replies

Apr 22, 2015 4:32 PM in response to Border Heeler

Step 1

You may be trying to access an invited event that you declined, or one that was rescheduled after you accepted it. The error message should give you a clue as to what it is. If the calendar is on iCloud, you can bring up the Calendar on the website and select

Show Declined Events

from the popup menu with the gear icon in the upper right corner of the page. The declined events will appear in gray, and one of them should match what's shown the error message. [Credit for this solution to ASC member Psi.]

Step 2

Follow the instructions in this support article.

Apr 27, 2015 1:15 PM in response to Linc Davis

Thank you so much. I apologize that it took me so long to get back and thank you, but I had to wait until I had a good block of time to accomplish this task. So far, this has worked. The offending Calendar entry seems to have disappeared, though I cannot honestly say I understand why/how it did so since I was unable to simply delete it any other way. But I won't argue with success! Thank you very much Mr. Davis.

- BH

Calendar and 403 error

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.