Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wifi password rejected

Why does my iPad Air 2 on iOS 8.3 (and prior) keep rejecting my home network wifi password? Sometimes it will actually connect, but often fails. Sometimes with some degree of predictability, Iit will also boot me off the network if I do actually, finally do get online! I hope someone can help me with this - it's so frustrating! Thanks!

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 3:28 PM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2015 4:07 PM in response to rycariad

There are a few things you can try:

Reboot your modem/router...leave it off for a minute then boot it back up. Now, see if you can connect & if the password is accepted.

If not, on the iPad try Resetting Network Settings

Settings->General->Reset->Reset Network Settings. You will be asked to login again with your password.

Apr 22, 2015 4:39 PM in response to jazcan

HI, and thanks for your help. I should've said this at the outset - I already tried the obvious fixes, including your suggestions, but I'm afraid nothing helps! As I said, I should've said this first - sorry about that. I'm a pretty competent user, but this issue has got me beat! And it's not an issue with my iPhone - just the iPa.

Wifi password rejected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.