Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where do consolidated original files go in Aperture Library?

I consolidated the originals of a group of referenced files in Aperture and chose to copy them to my Aperture Library. When the consolidation was complete, I went to my Aperture Library in the Finder, chose 'Show package contents,' found the Masters folder and checked to see if the files were there. As far as I can tell, they are not.

When I look in Aperture's Library tab, I see the files are no longer referenced. I am certain that the files are supposed to be imported into the Aperture library, so, where did they go?

Mac Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10), 20 GB RAM

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 2:53 PM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2015 4:59 PM in response to Hersco

I found them! Surprisingly they weren't located in a folder dated the same as the photos. That led me to an experiment. I imported one photo from my desktop. The photo was taken in July of 2010. The photo ended up in a folder dated today. Is it normal for Aperture to store imported photos by the date they were imported?

Where do consolidated original files go in Aperture Library?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.