Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

what happens to an inactive apple account that has not been used for years

My aunt has not used her apple account for two years and she wishes to know if it is usable

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 2:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 12:54 PM

wait so you mean that if i left my account unused for a number of years it will not delete itself ? cause in read in the terms and services that it does

ex

In addition, Apple may terminate your Account upon prior notice via email to the address associated with your Account if (a) your Account has been inactive for one (1) year; or (b) there is a general discontinuance or material modification to the Service or any part thereof. Any such termination or suspension shall be made by Apple in its sole discretion and Apple will not be responsible to you or any third party for any damages that may result or arise out of such termination or suspension of your Account and/or access to the Service, though it will refund pro rata any pre-paid fees or amounts.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 12:54 PM in response to Niel

wait so you mean that if i left my account unused for a number of years it will not delete itself ? cause in read in the terms and services that it does

ex

In addition, Apple may terminate your Account upon prior notice via email to the address associated with your Account if (a) your Account has been inactive for one (1) year; or (b) there is a general discontinuance or material modification to the Service or any part thereof. Any such termination or suspension shall be made by Apple in its sole discretion and Apple will not be responsible to you or any third party for any damages that may result or arise out of such termination or suspension of your Account and/or access to the Service, though it will refund pro rata any pre-paid fees or amounts.

what happens to an inactive apple account that has not been used for years

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.