Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

is Global Website and Support Inc a valid help source?

I sometimes get error messages when I try to screen print a web page. They usually end up automatically get sent to Apple. The other day I get a call from Global Website and Support Inc (VAP) saying they have received the messages and want to remotely correct the problem. Is the company valid?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 2:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 3:56 PM

It's a scam. Do not telephone them or allow them access to your computer.

13 replies

Apr 22, 2015 5:36 PM in response to SusanLBJ

Since no one knows what they might have installed, you should

1. change ALL passwords

2. call your credit card company and bank and report possible fraud - get the card replaced/checking acct charge reversed

3. Do a complete erase of your hard drive and reinstall - hopefully you do have a backup from which you can port back your files (from a date preceding the company's access to your hard drive.

Apr 22, 2015 5:46 PM in response to SusanLBJ

Yes, it's a big task, but since we don't know exactly what they did/installed, it's best to be pro-active and simply erase and start over. If you get another offer like this, remember to tell them you'll be happy to give them access after they pay you money, LOL.

Apple's contact details are here:

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Or, make an appointment at your nearest Genius Bar - the advice/troubleshooting are free.

is Global Website and Support Inc a valid help source?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.