Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail 8.2, Yosemite 10.10.3, mail messages show only the header..

Frequently, but not always, messages downloaded by Mail 8.2 will display only the header, not the content. Not always, not all messages

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 4:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:33 PM

Open Mail > Preferences > Accounts.

Click on the Advanced tab. Do you have selected to partially download messages or is download all attachments unchecked?

BTW, what type of account(s)? (POP, IMAP, Exchange)

You also posted in the Mavericks forum. For best results post in the Yosemite forum.

3 replies

Apr 24, 2015 2:20 PM in response to Chuckwin

The options from Mavericks Mail and Yosemite Mail are different. However, I see you have Gmail as POP. Look under Mailbox Behaviors tab to see if there is an option there to download complete messages. I no longer have any POP accounts to check settings.

I highly encourage you to setup both Gmail and Comcast accounts as IMAP. In Yosemite Mail, by default Apple sets you up with Gmail and Comcast as IMAP.

Before removing your POP accounts...

1) Select to move all messages in the Inbox(s) to a local folder or select Archive. When you delete a POP account it also deletes all messages in the Inbox.

2) Clean up the SMTP settings.

EDIT SMTP SETTINGS

In Accounts window > Outgoing Mail Server SMTP: select to Edit SMTP Server list... from popup.

Remove all SMTP servers listed. When you add accounts they will add the new settings.

Use Gmail with Mavericks Mail **

http://www.needhelp4mac.com/2013/12/use-gmail-with-mavericks-mail/

Remove the POP accounts and add back one at a time as IMAP so you can troubleshoot if needed before adding other accounts.

In case Mavericks Mail does not auto setup Comcast as IMAP, you can use these settings.

Comcast IMAP Settings

Incoming server: imap.comcast.net

Outgoing server: smtp.comcast.net

Authentication ON

Incoming Port: 993 with SSL ON

Outgoing Port:

465 with SSL ON

**(Fair disclosure: NeedHelp4Mac is my site. I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.)

Mail 8.2, Yosemite 10.10.3, mail messages show only the header..

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.