Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Loosing my Magic Mouse after 10.10.3 update

Guys, any help needed, this issue is really makes me freaking out.

After updating to 10.10.3 my Macbook is constantly loosing my Magic Mouse after resuming after the sleep. It just can't find mouse. Moreover I cannot turn off Bluetooth, it's always on and if I click to turn off, nothing happens. Only restart helps. After booting up mouse is there. And it's everytime Macbook recovers from sleep. It's just ..... I don't have any words to describe it.

Any help appreciated, thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 2:58 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2015 5:01 PM in response to andrew_sib

hi andrew_sib, yesterday i had similar issues with my magic mouse being non responsive after the latest update to os x 10.10.3, specifically with the secondary click (right / left) and other features not functioning...i was given some great advice by some of the apple community family, however, the issue persisted. i called apple support and they were unsuccessful in correcting the problem...i decided to arrange an appointment with the genius bar...through some diagnostic testing of my macbook pro and the mouse the apple technician found that certain essential files and folders were missing from my mac during the update which cause the issue with the magic mouse...i was able to get the mouse fully working again after we extracted the firmware (os x 10.10.3 Yosemite) and setting the macbook pro to its original factory settings...make sure you backup everything via. time machine first...the next step would be re-download os x 10.10.3 yosemite followed by the startup procedure for logging in to the macbook pro (ie. computer password, etc..) its takes about 30 minutes for this to be completed. after your everything is completed, go into system preferences and check both the bluetooth icon (make sure that the mouse is paired with bluetooth) then check mouse icon (make all the gestures are checked). the mouse should be fully functional again. hope this is helpful...if not make an appointment with the genius bar! peace!

Loosing my Magic Mouse after 10.10.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.