Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bookmarks

Hi, I have a number of Bookmarks that are siting on my Desktop, is it possible to put them on the Toolbar (the bar that as the Apps, Note, Calendar etc). I have tried dragging them and they just wiz back to the desk.

Thanks

MacBook Air

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 4:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 2:58 PM

Hello,

I take it what your trying to do is have a bookmark of a website making this into a shortcut and then moving this to the dock on the computer so you can just click onto that and open the page. Like you do with any other app?

If my understanding is right then, If you are on yosemite it doesn't look like you can, but you can put a short cut to the desktop and use that to open up the page.

Using safari to do this go to the page you want then click in the url field to the top a drop down will come out and you will be able to see the page your on, to the left of the highlighted text there will be a symbol click and hold this down and drag it to the desktop and there you have it.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2015 2:58 PM in response to Peterrs99

Hello,

I take it what your trying to do is have a bookmark of a website making this into a shortcut and then moving this to the dock on the computer so you can just click onto that and open the page. Like you do with any other app?

If my understanding is right then, If you are on yosemite it doesn't look like you can, but you can put a short cut to the desktop and use that to open up the page.

Using safari to do this go to the page you want then click in the url field to the top a drop down will come out and you will be able to see the page your on, to the left of the highlighted text there will be a symbol click and hold this down and drag it to the desktop and there you have it.