Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why are video frames dropping out on import to FCP 10.2? Clips play back fine before import.

Having trouble with video frame dropout after importing to Final Cut Pro 10.2. Clips play back fine before import. I have an iMac with OS X Yosemite 10.10.13. Tried rejecting clips and reimporting to no avail. I'm also not the world's brightest techno editor.

iMac

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 5:06 PM

6 replies

Apr 24, 2015 2:02 PM in response to Russ H

Hi Russ,

Now you’ll know how really dumb I am! I have the libraries and media stored on 3 external drives, although FCP app lives on the hard drive. I accessed the project from one of the drives. Then also tried accessing it from the program on the HD. The media is AVCHD from a Panasonic AG/AC 160 camera, shot at 60 fps. I deleted the files, but haven’t had a chance yet to re-import as both opt. and proxy. Other clips, imported before upgrade, are fine.

I have an iMac mid 2011; Processor 2.5 GHz, Intel Core i5. Two of the drives are 1 tb and the 3rd is 4Tb

thanks,

kdc

Apr 24, 2015 3:28 PM in response to kdcpeloton

That should have reset the FCP X Preferences.

If any of your drives are USB 2 that may also be a bottleneck. USB 3 are OK.

I just finished importing some stuff from my AC90.

A direct camera connection revealed nothing but black.

I removed the card and used an SD card reader and it worked.

Then I tried the camera again knowing that the card was fine.

When you connect to a computer you get the usual PC or Recorder connection message.

I tried Recorder rather than PC and it worked.

The above are some things to try if import seems crippled.

Al

Apr 24, 2015 5:21 PM in response to kdcpeloton

Sorry it's still not right.

As Al indicated, dropped frames are typically the result of a media drive that has insufficient throughput. Hard to see how clearing preferences would be related.

Try turning off BG Rendering in FCP Preferences. From the File menu, delete all computer generated event files (select event first).

Russ

Why are video frames dropping out on import to FCP 10.2? Clips play back fine before import.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.