Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can the new MacBook run Minecraft?

I don't have one yet, but I'm thinking of getting one soon, so I was wondering if the new MacBook can run Minecraft well. I tried checking the system requirements, but I can't understand them too well. Could someone please help me?

MacBook, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), MacBook with Minecraft

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 6:30 PM

11 replies

Apr 23, 2015 10:00 AM in response to Ford900

Ford900 wrote:

I don't have one yet, but I'm thinking of getting one soon, so I was wondering if the new MacBook can run Minecraft well. I tried checking the system requirements, but I can't understand them too well. Could someone please help me?

Yes... It will work well on a new Macbook Pro

Also, what about Minecraft using mods? I have an 80-mod modpack I would like to use using Technic Launcher, but I was wondering if it would work.

Yes.. get the new 4.0 OS X version here...

http://www.technicpack.net/download

Apr 23, 2015 10:51 AM in response to Ford900

Right... It will work well on any of the newest (or even recent as in the last 3 years worth of models..) Macbook Pros..

As for the low end new Macbook... It will work but you may have to adjust the graphic settings in the game, downwards (meaning less detail) to get it to run optimally but it will run ok if you do that....

Hope that clarifies things a bit?

Cheers..

Nigel

Can the new MacBook run Minecraft?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.