Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gps location serviceson

IiOS 8.3 is loaded and I lost location services. Most importantly I lost the use of any app using external gps! Even wifi location only works on a couple apps.

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 5:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 7:18 PM

Make sure location services is on:

Settings->Privacy->Location Services->toggle On

Try a General reset:

Settings->General->Reset->Reset All Settings,

You won't lose any data but will have to log back into your wifi network(s)

5 replies

Apr 22, 2015 7:59 PM in response to jazcan

Your assumption that we can't navigate on off buttons offended us. We depend on these devices to move our boats from point a to point b. when the functionality of these products fail, we can loose a lot more than just an iPad. I have lived on this vessel for13 years with my wife. Raised my three kids here. i didn't put all my eggs in this one basket, but I was hoping the iPad and Apple was up to the challenge.

Apr 24, 2015 3:28 PM in response to gysgtphone

gysgtphone wrote:

Your assumption that we can't navigate on off buttons offended us. We depend on these devices to move our boats from point a to point b. when the functionality of these products fail, we can loose a lot more than just an iPad. I have lived on this vessel for13 years with my wife. Raised my three kids here. i didn't put all my eggs in this one basket, but I was hoping the iPad and Apple was up to the challenge.

That reply to someone who was trying to help solve your problem will not help you at all. Make an appointment at an Apple Store to have your device examined by a technician. Or contact Apple Support. Be sure to back up your device before taking or sending it to Apple.

Gps location serviceson

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.