Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Changing email for podcast correspondence?

Hey guys,

I'm new here. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

I recently submitted a podcast to be made available in itunes. All the information in the submission is correct. I don't need to change the RSS feed, URL, or name.

However, when I received notification that my podcast was being reviewed, they said it would be done through a dead email account. I didn't submit this email. I assume they took it from my Facebook account, which I used to sign into the podcast hosting site. (I have since changed the email account registered with my FB page)

All I want to do is change the email which is being used for correspondence.

The Apple support team told me to come to the community board for help.

Any thoughts?

-Jay

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 7:12 PM

9 replies

Apr 23, 2015 1:48 AM in response to Jayvv13

Feeds can contain an 'itunes:email' tag containing an address they would use for contact, but yours does not have this tag. When you submitted the podcast you would have to have been signed into iTunes with your Apple ID, so the address which forms the ID would be the only one they would have to contact you by. If they are using a different address I can't say how they got it, unless you have it entered as an alternative address at http://appleid.apple.com

In any event it won't affect your submission, except that you won't hear about it when it's accepted or rejected (hopefully not the latter). However it will take some time after acceptance before you can find your podcast in the Search.

You say you received a notification - was this to your Apple ID address? Did it say they would be using a different address in future? (Obviously don't post either address here.)

Apr 23, 2015 10:13 PM in response to Roger Wilmut1

Hey Roger,

First off, I just wanted to say thank you so much for your help.

The notification was just a quick pop up at the completion of the podcast submission. I never received any other form of contact about the podcast. I haven't since heard from them. You say the best way to keep tabs on it is to periodically check to see if it is available in itunes?

Apr 23, 2015 11:39 PM in response to Jayvv13

It can take anything up to several weeks for a submission to be accepted - it just depends on how long a queue there is. If you're not getting the emails then all you can do is try the Search from time to time, but this can take some time after the podcast has actually appeared in the Store.

You could try emailing Support at podcasts 'at' apple.com and asking them to use the address you want. (Give them the feed URL.) I can't promis that they will take any notice.

Changing email for podcast correspondence?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.