Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

File transfers between Android <--> Mac (MTP)

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that it's unacceptable that Mac OS X does not support MTP file transfer on android, and rather requires a separate application for that. It is simply unacceptable in this day and age to have such limited functionality on OS X. When you plug in your android phone you should see it on Finder and be able to use it like every other storage device. If that's not so straightforward the apple should work with google to resolve the issues. The only reason I can think of for the state of things is that apple is doing this on purpose to limit functionality of android devices in order to sway people to buy iphones.

Can apple please make file transfer between android devices more simple and functional?

Jubei

--

OSX 10.10.3 / Samsung Galaxy S2 (Android 5.0.2)

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 7:25 PM

12 replies

Apr 22, 2015 7:31 PM in response to grejubei

grejubei wrote:

I think I speak on behalf of everyone when I say that it's unacceptable that Mac OS X does not support MTP file transfer on android,

1) You don't speak on behalf of everyone.. maybe a few people but not everyone by a long way.....

2) It could also be equally unacceptable that Android's OS does not support file transfers to an OS X device,. 🙂

3) Given the commonality of the many security flaws and issues regarding Android phones.. Are you absolutely sure you would want to connect one directly to a Mac?

Finally, This is an Apple Community made up mostly of other Apple Users like yourself... If you wish to complain or make a suggestion about future OS X development, directly to Apple, please use the following form...

https://www.apple.com/feedback/macosx.html

Thanks!

Nigel

Jul 17, 2015 1:22 PM in response to The Art Of Sound

Came upon this comment whilst looking for a better way of connecting my oneplus one to my Mac Book Pro.

The person gerjubei i believe was trying to express his opinion or frustration of Apple not allowing MPT file transfer, this has nothing to do with security.

The question should be, should i plug my android device into my Mac.

Six university researchers have revealed deadly zero-day flaws in Apple's iOS and OS X, claiming it is possible to crack Apple's password-storing keychain, break app sandboxes, and bypass its App Store security checks.

Attackers can exploit these bugs to steal passwords from installed apps, including the native email client, without being detected.

The team was able to upload malware to Apple's app stores, and passed the vetting processes without triggering any alarms. That malware, when installed on a victim's Mac, raided the keychain to steal passwords for services including iCloud and the Mail app, and all those stored within Google Chrome.

Lead researcher Luyi Xing told El Reg he and his team complied with Apple's request to withhold publication of the research for six months, but had not heard back as of the time of writing.

They say the holes are still present in Apple's software, meaning their work will likely be consumed by miscreants looking to weaponize the work.

Apple was not available for immediate comment.

Regards

Neil

Jul 17, 2015 1:50 PM in response to neilboardman

Neil,

Except of course, how do you know that piece is accurate?

There have have been many claims made in the past regarding security and apple devices but only a few have actually been proven to be true and possible... after proper research and testing was done.

i Always take such pieces with a large pinch of salt until a reputable source or two.. have verified them.......

TIp: don't believe all you read on the net.... surprisingly enough, much written on the net is actually nonsense 😉

File transfers between Android <--> Mac (MTP)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.