Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aperture not seeing SD card for import

I have Aperture 3.6 with an iMac running OS 10.3.3. My Aperture default is set to automatically recognize a camera when it is connected and to import its photos. Things used to work that way, but no longer. I can connect my camera by USB or insert the SD card into the iMac slot, and I am no longer given the option of importing the photos, although some weeks ago this was my usual way of importing photos. Now

I have to go to finder, open the folder of the SD card and drag the images into Aperture.

I have tried emptying the Finder trash and the Aperture trash. I have tried repairing disk permissions. I have restarted Aperture and have rebooted the iMac. None of these suggestions of others has worked for me.

Any other suggestions?

Aperture 3, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 9:23 PM

1 reply

Apr 22, 2015 10:37 PM in response to bws5

. I can connect my camera by USB or insert the SD card into the iMac slot, and I am no longer given the option of importing the photos, although some weeks ago this was my usual way of importing photos. Now

So the Finder does see the card as a device?

What exactly happens in Aperture? Is the problem, that Aperture does not launch automatically, or does Aperture not see the card at all, even when you select "File > Import" manually or press the Import down arrow?

aperture not seeing SD card for import

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.