Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Family sharing: how to delete (hide) apps

How can I delete (hide) an app purchased by a child using Family Sharing?

My children need to ask parental permission using “Ask to Buy” before they can download any apps, whether paid or free.

Sometimes an app turns out not to be suitable (or just not what we need) and I would like to delete them permanently (and not allow the children to re-download them). With apps purchased using my Apple ID, I can have a similar effect by hiding the apps using iTunes (although it is not possible to delete them entirely).

I cannot work out how to do this with apps which were originally downloaded using a child's Apple ID with my Ask to Buy permission.

iPad Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 22, 2015 11:17 PM

3 replies

Apr 26, 2015 7:53 PM in response to jazcan

Although this will hide it from their purchase list, I don't think there is any way to prevent them from re downloading once permission has been granted.

They could search the App Store & re download it without you getting notification since you originally gave permission.

I guess you could remove their Apple ID entirely & create a new one but that might not be practical.

Family sharing: how to delete (hide) apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.