Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to save my music library in the cloud /iTunes Match, but want both my wife's devices and mine to have access. Is this possible, and what's the best way to do this?

Hi all,

Can I store my iTunes file in the cloud, so that my wife and I can access it from various devices.

Devices would include 2 iPhone 6S, 2 iPad2s, couple of iPods and a MacBook Air.

We can't save all the music to a hard drive due to storage size.

If we save it to the Cloud, can we create playlists and only download these as /when we need them?

Thanks in advance,

Ed

MacBook Air, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 12:11 AM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2015 1:08 AM in response to Lorddevlin

Hi,

Your music needs to be in your iTunes library on your computer or on an external drive. Read this user topic Make and keep a backup of your iTunes library, and only stream from the cloud.

You can only use one Apple ID with match. For your wife to get access to your music in the cloud, you will need to use your Apple ID

Subscribe to iTunes Match - Apple Support

Manage your associated devices in iTunes - Apple Support

Jim

I want to save my music library in the cloud /iTunes Match, but want both my wife's devices and mine to have access. Is this possible, and what's the best way to do this?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.