Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to recover a deleted movie.

I took a movie on my iPhone and connected it to my PC to make sure it was backed up. Now, I cannot find either the original on my phone or the movie in my photos directory. I did locate a 71M file in mobilesync\backup with a 30+ character name, but ext is PriceLess. Not playable even after I changed ext to .mov. Help?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 12:07 AM

5 replies

Apr 23, 2015 12:24 AM in response to fstuttgen

You said "... connected it to my PC to make sure it was backed up."

Exactly what did you do? Did you back the iPhone up using iTunes? If so, you can likely restore the iTunes backup to the iPhone. The movie should be there, unless it's in some other place you use such as iCloud Photo Library.

About backups in iCloud and iTunes - Apple Support

If you did not use iTunes to back up the iPhone, then it's likely not backed up.

Apr 25, 2015 7:19 AM in response to fstuttgen

Photo stream doesn't upload videos, just photos. If the video was in your camera roll when you last backed up your phone, restoring the entire backup should recover the video.

If you want to do this, go to Settings>General>Reset, tap Erase All Content and Settings (which will erase the phone), then go through the setup screens on the phone and when given the option, choose Restore from iCloud Backup. Be sure your phone is connected to wifi and your charger as this may take some time to finish.

Need to recover a deleted movie.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.