Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S (iOS 8.3) restarts alone and steadily

iPhone 4s with latest version of iOS, charger plugged in or unplugged, reset itself every so often.

Would it help a backup Restoration Projects ?

I don't have Jailbreak, Cydia or anything weird, just iOS and some apps.

I appreciate any suggestions or advice.

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 1:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 4, 2015 6:20 AM

I have been having the same issue and here is a timeline of what I have tried so far (with no luck):

Updated to 8.3 two weeks ago (no issues at time)

April 30th ATT sent a carrier update

May 1st device started doing the restart only when plugged in to charge (docking unit, Apple charger, and USB from computer - same behavior)

Tried disabling carrier, Bluetooth, and wireless with restarts in between with no changes

Tried reset of device (not a downgrade of IOS) with no change in behavior

No applications were installed between 8.3 installation and now, but multiple applications have had updates. Battery indicator seems to be working correctly (seen in other posts where the battery does not show decrease in power consumption - not experiencing)

I am guessing the issue I am having is something involving the carrier update since that seems to have been the trigger for the problem to start, however, I am seeing in the Apple forums where multiple people with different devices (4s, 5, & 6) having similar issues

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 4, 2015 6:20 AM in response to alvarog01

I have been having the same issue and here is a timeline of what I have tried so far (with no luck):

Updated to 8.3 two weeks ago (no issues at time)

April 30th ATT sent a carrier update

May 1st device started doing the restart only when plugged in to charge (docking unit, Apple charger, and USB from computer - same behavior)

Tried disabling carrier, Bluetooth, and wireless with restarts in between with no changes

Tried reset of device (not a downgrade of IOS) with no change in behavior

No applications were installed between 8.3 installation and now, but multiple applications have had updates. Battery indicator seems to be working correctly (seen in other posts where the battery does not show decrease in power consumption - not experiencing)

I am guessing the issue I am having is something involving the carrier update since that seems to have been the trigger for the problem to start, however, I am seeing in the Apple forums where multiple people with different devices (4s, 5, & 6) having similar issues

iPhone 4S (iOS 8.3) restarts alone and steadily

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.