Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opening camera or calculator from lock screen

Recently I upgraded my 5S to IOS 8.3 and now faced issue when starting camera or calculator from lock screen.

I'm pressing "home" button to activate screen and then start calculator or camera from bottom menu, but the screen goes black immediately.

When I press "home" button again, I can see that the camera or calculator will be closed and I'm back in lock screen.

Does anyone else have similar issue with 8.3 ?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 1:07 AM

1 reply

Apr 27, 2015 4:10 AM in response to naksu

I currently have the exact same issue with my iPhone 5s.

The previous update was golden and fixed every issue I had with my 5s. I have my 5s set up for Touch ID/password and I was thinking it might have something to do with that, but I haven't gotten around to testing this issue without all of that enabled.

I hate to say it, but I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this issue...

This update also bright back other issues that were fixed in the previous update, for me anyway.

Is there a way for us to officially submit this issue to Apple?

Opening camera or calculator from lock screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.