Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2011

Good afternoon,

I've got MacBook Air (2011 model). Since yesterday I've started to have these issues with it:

1. when the laptop is on, the fan is working very loudly non-stop

2. the battery indicator shows that there is no battery (although I certainly did not take it out) with MagSafe connected to it or without

3. when in sleep mode, the laptop keeps working

4. except for the above-described problems, the laptop seems to be working well (I am writing this letter from it)

What would you recommend regarding all this?

Thank you very much in advance!

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2011), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 5:50 AM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2015 6:12 AM in response to olgagag

Hi...!!

Reset your SMC.....Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

Or else, reset your NVRAM.....How to Reset NVRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

And see if it works...

Remove your login items. They may trigger the fan high during initial startup..... System preferences > Users and groups > Login items tab then click on “ - “ to remove the ones which you don’t want to start at the start up..

Hope this helps.....

MacBook Air 2011

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.