Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my new macbook pro retina display has loose keys on keyboard

i purchased a new macbook pro 13" retina display and upon unboxing noticed a few keys were loose and flimsy.i contacted apple south africa and they are repairing it but my disappointment started with the bad customer service i received and the long time i am waiting to get my unit repaired- the company is still waiting for spares.is this a common fault with brand new macbooks? how long do repairs usually take? does apple train their staff on how to deal with such situations and with the clients?

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 2:38 AM

5 replies

Nov 27, 2015 5:54 PM in response to aslamfromnewcastle

aslamfromnewcastle wrote:

i purchased a new macbook pro 13" retina display and upon unboxing noticed a few keys were loose and flimsy.i contacted apple south africa and they are repairing it but my disappointment started with the bad customer service i received and the long time i am waiting to get my unit repaired- the company is still waiting for spares.is this a common fault with brand new macbooks? how long do repairs usually take? does apple train their staff on how to deal with such situations and with the clients?

Loose or wobbly keys are certainly not the norm. Typically you have 14 days to return or exchange for a defective product. After that you are under a 1-yr limited warranty.

Local repairs and/or turn around time would be impossible to speculate; you are at the mercy of your local "company."

my new macbook pro retina display has loose keys on keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.