Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do connect time capsule & extreme to new NBN

I have just had National Broadband Network (NBN) installed with the providers' wireless router to replace a similar setup with ADSL2.

To extend the coverage over the house, I have a Time Capsule and Extreme (2012 models with software version 7.6.4) connected by ethernet cable. The Extreme is connected by ethernet cable to the router in OFF (BRIDGE MODE) and the Time Capsule is connected to the Extreme by ethernet cable.

I need to reconfigure them to talk to the new NBN connection.

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 4:01 AM

3 replies

Apr 23, 2015 4:49 AM in response to john.george

ADDED MORE DETAIL ABOUT NEW ROUTER

I have just had National Broadband Network (NBN) installed with the providers' fibre optic compatible wireless router (NetComm Wireless N300 WiFi Gigabit Router - NF7) to replace a similar setup with copper service ADSL2.

To extend the coverage over the house, I have a Time Capsule and Extreme (2012 models with software version 7.6.4) connected by ethernet cable. The Extreme is connected by ethernet cable to the router in OFF (BRIDGE MODE) and the Time Capsule is connected to the Extreme by ethernet cable.

I need to reconfigure them to talk to the new NBN connection.

Apr 23, 2015 5:26 AM in response to john.george

Plug the AE into the main router.. bridge mode and create a wireless network.

Then use the TC also in bridged plugged in by ethernet and also create a wireless network of the same name and security and password.. it should work fine.

Post a few screenshots of the setup if it has failed so I know what I am looking at.

Just the summary pages from the airport utility should do..

this one.

User uploaded file

how do connect time capsule & extreme to new NBN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.