Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Horizontal scrolling issues in Quicktime

Ok, this is really weird. I think.

Since updating to 10.10.3 I can no longer single finger swipe/scroll through all clips in QT by using my Magic Mouse

The strange thing is, it doesn't not work for all clips. I can find no connection to what ones work and don't. It doesn't seem connected to format, codec, creation date etc.

I can also confirm that before update scrolling or scrubbing with simple swipes on the Magic Mouse.

Anyone with any ideas?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 8:47 AM

6 replies

Apr 23, 2015 8:58 AM in response to Trunk14

I cannot see that either ... but your profile is out of date so whether that has something to do with it, I cannot tell. How long ago did you upgrade?

The new system is so weird sometimes that it often does the unexpected. Perhaps it posts to your latest published OS. On the other hand, it is actually featured in trackpad. Where did you see the Mountain Lion reference.

Dec 11, 2015 12:32 PM in response to Trunk14

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem (I've had it for months), the only solution I have found so far is converting all videos to .mp4 with a 3000 bit rate. But I have thousands of videos that I work with so it's a real real pain to have to do this every time I need to scroll.

I had this problem with Mavericks and I still do with El Capitan, regardless of all the latest updates. I've already tried to do a clean install of my computer and it hasn't changed a thing. My assistant has a Macbook Pro Retina 15inch and has the exact same problem.

I would be great if apple or someone could find a solution to this !

Thanks

Horizontal scrolling issues in Quicktime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.