Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power/Battery

I have a Early 2011 Macbook Pro running the OS X Yosemite Version 10. 10.2. I charge my computer completely to 100%, sometimes it only does 99%, but after two-three hours of usage it depletes the power to 20-30% and i have to charge it again. Why is this happening and what can I do so my computer lasts the "8 hours" it's supposed to?

MacBook Pro, OS X Yosemite (10.10.2)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 10:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 10:43 AM

Your battery is four years old. It probably needs to be replaced.

5 replies

Apr 23, 2015 10:54 AM in response to belenze

The life of the battery depends on its usage. There is no "average" except for a specific configuration and usage. The battery life is in charge cycles. You can see how many cycles you have used in the Power section of System Profiler. I believe the battery in your model was 1,000 cycles, but I may be wrong.

Apr 23, 2015 11:06 AM in response to belenze

Check Apple, eBay, and Amazon for battery replacements. Be sure you have the correct model information in order to get the proper battery for your specific model. However, do not use the Annnn model numbers. Use the model identifier.

To find the model identifier open System Profiler in the Utilities folder. It's displayed in the panel on the right.

Power/Battery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.