Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using FaceTime with other Apple Devices?

I have an iMac (2011 model) an iPhone 6 and an iPad Mini. My son uses the iPad Mini. He does not have his own Apple ID because he is a toddler. I have set it up with his own email address and I can FaceTime him from my iPhone 6 with no problem. The other day I tried to call his iPad Mini from my iMac but instead of his iPad Mini ringing, my iPhone 6 was ringing even though I clicked on his email address my iPhone 6 rang anyway.

Any advice or tips on how to correct this? I want to be able to use either my iMac or my iPhone 6 to make FaceTime calls to the iPad Mini.

Thanks!!!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 9:41 AM

3 replies

Apr 24, 2015 9:08 AM in response to Rudegar

Rudegar,

If I understand you correctly, that is not true. I just now pulled up FaceTime on my iMac. I had my iPhone and iPad Mini sitting here on my desk. From FaceTime on my iMac I clicked on my son's name to connect with the iPad and to my surprise both my iPhone 6 and the iPad Mini were ringing. The all have the same Apple ID. Now the iPad was over my mom's house a few days ago and she has Wi-Fi and all but the iPad would not connect to FaceTime when I called it from the computer but it did connect when I used my iPhone.

Using FaceTime with other Apple Devices?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.