Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone 4S keeps on resetting while charging.

My iPhone 4S keeps on resetting (show Apple logo and peep with about 20 sec intervals) while charging. This happens since the last iOS update (may be co-incident). Anybody with advice to resolve?

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 11:33 AM

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 6:28 AM in response to Roelofkzn

I seem to have this problem as well, and only after iOS 8.3. Repeatedly reboots while charging/connected to Mac. My workaround which seems to work: ensure the screen is turned ON while charging/connected. Go to Settings>General>Auto-Lock, set to "Never". Then turn down the brightness all the way to save your battery power. You can revert to your original Auto-Lock setting when done charging. Hope this helps. We need a fix for this annoying bug asap.

May 4, 2015 1:31 AM in response to Roelofkzn

Hi Roelofkzn, a quick update -- I resetted my 4S settings and it has been stable for a few days now when charging/connected to the computer. Try the following (you won't lose apps or data, however your phone settings will revert to the default): Go to Settings>General>Reset>Reset All Settings. This seems to have resolved my infinite-reboot problem.

My iPhone 4S keeps on resetting while charging.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.