Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using iTunes and the iPad in the classroom

One of the schools that I support in our school district recently purchased two iPads. We need to establish iTunes accounts that do not have a payment method associated with them. We have setup the devices and are looking forward to downloading FREE apps from the iTunes store. We have attempted to create our Apple ID in two different manners:

1. Go directly to iTunes on the iPad and select a free app. Click download. Prompted to setup an account. Was not presented with the "none" option for payment.

2. Went directly into the iPad settings to "iTunes and App Store." Again, no "none" option for payment.

Our department does not have access to a credit card nor a gift card due to funding. I would appreciate any help that the iTunes department can provide to me about how to properly setup these iPads so that our students can utilize them in the classroom.

Regards,

Matt

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 11:18 AM

2 replies

Apr 27, 2015 12:59 PM in response to fcit@!A

I think this is a better link.

Here is the "secret" on how to set up a free account. It's not the apple of old.

Create an iTunes Store, App Store, or iBooks Store account without a credit card or other payment method - Apple Suppor…

fyi:

The ipad is organized around applications. Set up a free account. Download all free apps with this account. For paid apps, get a gift card. If you use your account and remove your account from the ipad, all associate apps disappear. Apps are owned by the appleid.

Using iTunes and the iPad in the classroom

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.