Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband can't find installed jam packs, 6.05

Hi

I am using Garageband 6.05 (11) on OsX 10.9.5. I have installed the jam pack symphony orchestra, but when i choose it in the instrument browser inside Garageband it is empty.

On the computer it is located in Library/ Application Support/ Garageband /Instrument Library /Jam Pack Symphony Orchestra, but I guess it is supposed to be somewhere else, as Garageband can't locate the sounds.
Half the other regular garageband sounds are missing too, with little arrows next to them. When clicking on them garageband asks if I want to download them, and then takes me to App store (without opening anything that seems relevant to garageband!).

I am not sure if these sounds exist on the computer or not. But the instruments that garageband CAN find are in Library/ Application Support/ Garageband /Instrument Library /Track Settings /Software (However, there are no strings there at all.)

We can't quite remember when the problems started, but it might have been after we installed Logic Pro. The computer used to have the new Garageband installed and working fine, but we removed it and exchanged it for this older preferred version.

Please, please somebody help, we have been trying for months to get this to work, and have three albums worth of songs composed in this version that we need to work on...

Thanks a million for any hints in the right direction!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9.5), Garageband 6.05

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 12:01 PM

There are no replies.

Garageband can't find installed jam packs, 6.05

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.