Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

since upgrading to iOS 8.3 the maps apps on my ipad do not show current location from my gps

Since upgrading to iOS 8.3 the maps apps on my ipad do not show current location from my gps DUALXGPS150A

The data is still being received by the ipad but not appearing on any of the maps.

Everything was working fine before the upgrade.

iPad, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 11:28 AM

5 replies

Apr 26, 2015 11:39 AM in response to davidisleta

Hi davidisleta,

If you are having issues with your iPad not showing location information, you may want to try some things to troubleshoot.

First, quit all running applications and test again -

Force an app to close in iOS

Next, I would try restarting and if needed resetting the iPhone -

Restart or reset your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If the issue is still present, you may want to restore the iPhone as a new device -

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Brett L

Apr 26, 2015 11:53 AM in response to Brett L

Many thanks Brett L,

I have tried all of your suggestions but the situation is still the same,

I understand many others are having the same problem so I am hoping for an 8.3+ from Apple. I hope it will be soon.

A good GPS fix is essential for me walking in the mountains of Spain, even the best of the paper maps can be out of date.

Best regards

David

since upgrading to iOS 8.3 the maps apps on my ipad do not show current location from my gps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.