Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where to download additional content??

My logic pro just for some reason started not working - I couldn't open any software instrument tracks or use any of the content in logic...It was pointed out to me that i might have more content to download (and that the program should ask me about this when i open it - but it doesn't). So what i want to know is: Is this actually the problem and if so where to download this additional content?

Regards JonnaJ

MacBook Pro with Retina display

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 11:53 AM

9 replies

Apr 23, 2015 12:45 PM in response to JonnJose

Assuming you are using Logic Pro X and not Logic Pro 9

Additional content is found via the Logic Pro X Menu Bar option...

Logic Pro X > Download Additional Content...

However, if Logic Pro X suddenly stopped working correctly and it used to work without an issue.. Please try the following first...

Delete the user preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro X back to its original settings. This will not impact your media files. To reset your Logic Pro X user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. Quit Logic Pro
  2. In the Finder, choose Go to Folder from the Go menu.
  3. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  4. Press the Go button.
  5. Remove the com.apple.logic10.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro X User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro X, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
  6. Restart the computer.

Note: If you cannot find any of the files mentioned in this tip,you didn't follow the instructions exactly as written 🙂

Apr 24, 2015 8:24 AM in response to The Art Of Sound

Hi okay I tried this but the download stopps when it’s at the end like about 2 GB…And now it stopped completely after being like that for 24 hours and i try to download them separately but that doesn’t seem to work either…which is kind of annoying since i need to use logic soon and until I’ve done this process it won’t work at all..

Regards JonnaJ

Apr 24, 2015 10:30 AM in response to JonnJose

Logic works fine without the additional content.... as that content is optional..

However, are you referring to the Essential content which is required?

If so, check out the tips found in the following thread....

Downloading 'Essential or Additional Content' or the Logic Pro X app Tips

Please pay note to repairing permissions and the use of Ethernet over WiFi.....

Where to download additional content??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.