Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos sycn issue: itunes-photo-mac to iphone-IOS

Hi,

I've been using iPhotos-Mac for years with no problems and syncing photos from iTunes to IOS using the iphoto library.

Then two weeks ago I was forced to upgrade from iPhoto to <Photo 1.0> on my Macbook Yosemite 10.10.3. and the itunes version to 12.1.2.37 for Mac. After that I can't sync photos between iTunes and IOS devices. When I connect an iphone to iTunes I can see the option "Sync Photos from: <Photo>" but it shows the message "0 photos" and it doesn't do anything so I can't sync anything.

User uploaded file

I have my Photo Library OK and if I go to Photo App on the Macbook I can see all my photos.

I had one issue when I upgraded to Photo because the old iphoto library was not on the standard <Picture> folder, but it is on a second harddisc. I solved it, and now this the current photo library: /Volumes/Macbook_HD500/Biblioteca Photo/Fotos biblioteca.photoslibrary

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Agustin.

MacBook Pro (13-inch Late 2011), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 1:41 AM

Hi,

Solved!

I got the same issue when I tried to share photos in the Apple TV. Zero photos shared.

Solution: Start the Photo app on Mac and go to: Preferences - General - Photo Library Location: <folder> and then press a button called something as "Use as the system photo library". Once activated this setup I can sync photos on itunes.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 26, 2015 1:41 AM in response to AlvareA

Hi,

Solved!

I got the same issue when I tried to share photos in the Apple TV. Zero photos shared.

Solution: Start the Photo app on Mac and go to: Preferences - General - Photo Library Location: <folder> and then press a button called something as "Use as the system photo library". Once activated this setup I can sync photos on itunes.

Photos sycn issue: itunes-photo-mac to iphone-IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.