Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6 screen touches on its own

I have an Iphone 6, 64GB. I've updated to the recent software 8.3.

Randomly i'll be using my phone and the screen won't respond. Other times, I will be using my phone and I will be in the middle of typing a message and the screen will jump back and click a different thread and then it will go home and open another app and then go back to my messages and just jump around as if someone were touching the screen. It does not only happen while typing messages, it has done it on other apps such as calendar, Facebook, my fitbit app, and a few others.

I have tried to hard reset it, restore all settings, and even restored it from my computer but this still seems to happen and it will go for a few minutes before I can use my phone again. It has been happening since before I updated to 8.3, which was why I updated thinking maybe my phone was lagging since I had not updated.

I'm going to take it to Apple when I get a chance, but I was trying to see if anyone else has experienced this.

Thanks!!

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, 64 GB

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 1:19 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 12:21 PM in response to toricobb

Hi toricobb,

If you are having an issue with your iPhone's touchscreen becoming unresponsive as well as responding to touches that are not occurring, I would suggest that you troubleshoot using the steps in this article -

If the screen on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch doesn't respond to touch - Apple Support

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Sincerely,

Brett L

Iphone 6 screen touches on its own

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.