Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 4S iOS 8.3 Notification Center Problem

I have an iPhone 4S with iOS 8.3. I've recently noticed that notifications from apps that I've swiped to access from the Lock Screen continue to appear in the Notifications portion of the Notification Center. For example, if I receive a notification from Gmail's app notifying me of an unread email and I swipe the notification to access Gmail from the Lock Screen, the notification pertaining to the unread email remains visible in the Notification Center despite having already read the email; however, using the Slide To Unlock feature from the Lock Screen and then accessing Gmail from the Home Screen circumvents this problem. I've concluded that it's probably not a problem with Gmail's app as this same scenario has happened with iPhone's Tips app and, as I recall, Facebook's app as well. I also recall recently accessing Gmail via a Banner notification and the notification remained visible in the Notification Center afterwards, so my problem may or may not be isolated to Lock Screen app access. As I would rather not have to clear notifications from the Notification Center after already addressing them from the Lock Screen, has anyone here experienced this problem and, if so, solved it? Please let me know if there is a more appropriate community for me to ask this question. Thanks in advance for your help!

iPhone 4S, iOS 8.3, Notification Center

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 12:34 PM

1 reply

May 3, 2015 8:21 PM in response to robgentry3

OP here. It appears that my problem is in fact isolated to the Gmail app as I've recently noticed that if I leave messages as unread in my inbox, then Gmail notifications accrue in the Notification Center; however, if I keep the unread count at zero, these notifications do not accrue. This observation solves my problem as I can control the unread count in my inbox; however, please feel free to suggest a more permanent solution if one exists. Thanks!

iPhone 4S iOS 8.3 Notification Center Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.