Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where did my RAW pictures go ?

Yosemite update to 10.10.3 installed the Photos app, and now Aperture 3.5.1 is disabled. In the Photos app I can only see the JPEG formats of my pictures, Where are the RAW versions of my pictures ? Is it possible to see them in Photos ? How can I search for the file extension names in the Photos app ?

Aperture is disabled and asks me to update to the next version, but this app is not available for my country (Switzerland) in the app store. When will it be available ?

What can I do to recover my RAW pictures?

iMac (27-inch Late 2009), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), Aperture 3.5.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 12:59 PM

1 reply

Apr 23, 2015 1:13 PM in response to Marlyse1

In the Photos app I can only see the JPEG formats of my pictures, Where are the RAW versions of my pictures ?

Are your photos RAW&JPEG pairs? You can switch between RWA or JPEG as original image file in the EDIT panel. In Edit mode there is an option the "Image" menu, to switch between Raw and JPEG as original.

Aperture is disabled and asks me to update to the next version, but this app is not available for my country (Switzerland) in the app store. When will it be available ?

Apple stopped selling Aperture. So it is no longer available for purchase on the main page of the AppStore.

Do you see Aperture on your Purchases page as one of your Purchases?

Then move the incompatible Aperture version from the Applications folder to the Trash , don't empty the trash, then restart the App Store and try again to install, but from your purchases tab.

Where did my RAW pictures go ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.