Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Image Persistence - Image Retention issues - iMac

Hello everyone. When is Apple going to fix all the image retention issues, or as Apple would call it image persistence? I find it to be horrendous that Apple is calling this "normal". There is nothing normal about having an image ghosted or stuck on your display. I hope Apple gets with LG on this and fixes these issues because a fix is long overdue. This has been plaguing iMacs for years now. I have had 2 iMacs in a row that have had this issue straight out of the box. Can anyone tell me why some IPS displays do this and others do not? Is this because Apple is buying junk from LG?

Have a look at these pages:

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1853972

https://youtu.be/x2dafvZZC7Y

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 1:06 PM

5 replies

Apr 23, 2015 4:24 PM in response to Klaus1

I have had 2 new machines in a row do this. I finally have given up, because from the research that I have done I am finding that they ALL have this issue. And if that is not the case, then why is Apple calling this behavior normal? If it is deemed to be normal, then shouldn't every single IPS iMac do this? It's a never ending circle and that is not acceptable to me. I want an iMac that does not do this. I am hoping for new machines in June. I can't seem to get a straight answer from engineering through a senior advisor. All they do is play stupid and refer me to the articles that you posted above that I had already found on my own. The question that I cannot seem to get answered is whether or not Apple has done anything at all the remedy this with their panels. Seeing as we haven't seen an iMac refresh since the late 2013 model I am wondering if they have updated anything with their IPS displays behind the scenes. From what I am finding, they have not.

Image Persistence - Image Retention issues - iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.