Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Wifi & Bluetooth dead after iOS 8.3 upgrade

Hi,

I upgraded my iPad Air yesterday to iOS 8.3. It was a wifi upgrade. The upgraded happened seamlessly but to my astonishment when the iPad came up it was not having any wifi signals or bluetooth signals. I checked the wifi settings and the wifi enable/disable toggle is greyed out and bluetooth is not even giving me that option. I restored the iPad using iTunes (used recovery mode) but after that too no wifi signals.

I went to Apple store to get it hardware checked and the response i got was that we have no way to do a hardware check of iPads or to repair them as there are no screws to open it (why the heck do you make items which cannot be repaired). Now since my iPad was out of warranty I am asked to pay a sum of $299 to get a replacement (really don't you have any other way to take my money except creating crappy software, screwing device and then selling replacements).

I am an ardent fan of apple products but this really frustrates me. If anyone from apple reads this, please know that this is really frustrating. We take apple products because they are of high quality and we trust the softwares you make but if this happens and then a consumer has to spend such hefty amount of money because one your developers didn't do his job well, its ridiculous. Even If it would have been $99 or $149 I would have paid it....

Pleas let me know what are my options. Is there something I can do to get my iPad up and running

iPad Air Wi-Fi, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 1:38 PM

5 replies

May 20, 2015 2:56 PM in response to jremmm

Reasonable number of folks report wifi problems in 8.3. There are lots of things to try. Some even work for a few people, but not all. Try rebooting everything. Try resetting wifi on your ipad.

All things wifi in 8.x

ios 8.3 wifi problems with wifi??

iOS 8 Wi-Fi problems

What router do you have? Might go to an apple store and see if your ipad works with "moms" ( apples ) router.

iPad Wifi & Bluetooth dead after iOS 8.3 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.