Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Charging From a Mophie XL

Numerous 12" MacBook reviews have noted the ability to charge the new MacBook with brick batteries such as Mophies.

However, I hooked my Mophie XL up and nothing. I used the Apple USB‑C port to USB converter, so my diagnosis of the problem is that the USB cable I used was a 2.0 and it would need to be the 3.0 USB?

thanks

MacBook (Retina, 12-inch, Early 2015), iOS 8.3, 1.2 Gz Intel Core M 500 GB Flash St

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 1:52 PM

2 replies

Apr 23, 2015 2:44 PM in response to GTCA

Brick batteries such as Mophie XL are capable of charging 2 Tablets simultaneously. The brick batteries are not designed to charge a laptop or a notebook like new Macbook. Even if your succeed in connecting that battery to the new macbook it will drain the battery charge in relatively no time. The laptop and notebook batteries are technically different from mobile and tablet batteries. Anyways, the new Mackbook has got a good battery life of upto 9 hours. Not bad.. isn’t it...??

Hope this helps.

Charging From a Mophie XL

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.