Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini 3 update to ios8.3

i have just updated iPad mini 3 to iOS 8.3. Update was successful. However, the iPad keeps reverting to the Hello set up screen. I get thro the sequence and I'm told set up complete and now I can get started. The iPad then reverts to the black Apple boot up screen and returns to the start of the Hello sequence. I can't restore the m/c because I have to switch off find my iPad and I can't sync because my iPad hasn't been set up! Anyone got any ideas or helpful suggestions?

alan

iPad Mini, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 11:04 AM

Hello Skooty Alan,

After reviewing your post, it sounds as though your device is resetting during use. I have located an article that can help with software issues. Have you attempted to restore the device to factory settings without restoring from a backup? Test the issue on a new installation, and make sure that it works. Then use the same article to restore from your backup to either verify it still works, or isolate the issue to the backup itself.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 11:04 AM in response to Skooty Alan

Hello Skooty Alan,

After reviewing your post, it sounds as though your device is resetting during use. I have located an article that can help with software issues. Have you attempted to restore the device to factory settings without restoring from a backup? Test the issue on a new installation, and make sure that it works. Then use the same article to restore from your backup to either verify it still works, or isolate the issue to the backup itself.

How to erase your iOS device and then set it up as a new device or restore it from backups

Thank you for contributing to Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

BobbyD

Apr 27, 2015 11:08 AM in response to bobby_d

MMany thanks for the helpful comments. I think you are absolutely right. I have solved the problem with the help of Apple Chat. I did restore a number of times but it didn't clear the problem - but I was restoring to the previous backup. When we stored to new iPad it worked fine. I then loaded the old backup and problem reappeared. So, there was obviously a s/w glitch stored in the backup. IPad has been synced with with iTunes and most recovered OK. Apple Chat support was fantastic. Many thanks for the help!

iPad mini 3 update to ios8.3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.