Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Choosing proper Lightroom version to sync with iPhone

I use Adobe Photoshop Lightroom and it is somehow linked to my iPhone. Every time I plug my iPhone into my computer it launches Adobe Lightroom 5. Adobe just introduced Adobe Lightroom CC which is a step up from Lightroom 5, yet my iPhone still goes to the Lightroom 5 library. How can I change it so that it links directly to my Lightroom CC library?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 5:37 PM

1 reply

Apr 26, 2015 1:58 PM in response to Wayne V. Hall

Hello Wayne,

It sounds like your computer is opening up one image editing program, rather than the newer one you would like it to open every time you connect your phone to the computer. If you are using a Mac, you may be able to change that setting in Image Capture. First connect your iPhone, and then open Image Capture:

Transfer images - Image Capture Help

To automatically transfer images from your device to your computer whenever you connect it to your computer, click the Show Hide button User uploaded file in the lower-left corner of the window. Click the “Connecting this device opens” pop-up, then choose AutoImporter.

Rather than choosing AutoImporter as the step from the Help says, you should be able to select another application of your choosing.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Cheers,

Sterling

Choosing proper Lightroom version to sync with iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.