Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why does iTunes make a folder in the media/movies folder called downloads?

iTunes 12.1.2.27 64 bit

Windows 8.0

Whenever I redeem a movie, iTunes uses the path that I have set for the Media folder (G:\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Movies\). But it puts the download in to this path: G:\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Movies\downloads. Why and how do I turn that folder off?

Windows 8

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 5:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 5:29 PM

iTunes uses this for temporary storage while downloading purchases from the Store, podcasts, etc. Once complete, files are transferred to the appropriate location under iTunes Media\<media kind>. Except during such operations it will normally be empty (any files found there otherwise will be the result of failed or aborted downloads). You can delete the folder, but iTunes will create it again the next time you initiate any relevant download operation.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2015 5:29 PM in response to mistercrowley

iTunes uses this for temporary storage while downloading purchases from the Store, podcasts, etc. Once complete, files are transferred to the appropriate location under iTunes Media\<media kind>. Except during such operations it will normally be empty (any files found there otherwise will be the result of failed or aborted downloads). You can delete the folder, but iTunes will create it again the next time you initiate any relevant download operation.

Why does iTunes make a folder in the media/movies folder called downloads?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.