Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery drains during sleep mode

Hi!

My battery is draining while the computer is supposed to sleeping.

I think it is related to the recent system updates..

Is there a solution for this problem?

Macbook air 13-inch, early 2014. Yosemite 10.10.3

MacBook Air, OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 23, 2015 4:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2015 4:05 AM

I too have this issue on my MBA. Mine is late 2012 but this has been going on for about 1 ½ years. if you click on the battery icon on the tool bar check to see if your battery says it needs servicing. Bring it in to an apple store and have them put in a new battery for you. Also on the older macs OS X 10.10.3 has some effects on the battery right after update. Try shutting down for a night resetting your PRAM.

Here’s how to reset your PRAM:

1. Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
  2. Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. You have to make sure you get those keys pressed before the gray screen comes up or it won’t work.
  3. Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
  4. Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.

Good luck!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 27, 2015 4:05 AM in response to gideon22

I too have this issue on my MBA. Mine is late 2012 but this has been going on for about 1 ½ years. if you click on the battery icon on the tool bar check to see if your battery says it needs servicing. Bring it in to an apple store and have them put in a new battery for you. Also on the older macs OS X 10.10.3 has some effects on the battery right after update. Try shutting down for a night resetting your PRAM.

Here’s how to reset your PRAM:

1. Shut down your machine. Yes, all the way down, not sleep or logging out.
  2. Press the power button and then press command-option-p-r. You have to make sure you get those keys pressed before the gray screen comes up or it won’t work.
  3. Hold those keys down until your Mac reboots again and you here the startup chime.
  4. Let go of the keys and let your Mac reboot normally.

Good luck!

May 8, 2015 2:10 AM in response to Blade42

Unfortunately, after some time I now realize that it only helped a bit if at all. The battery is very strong so I can notice it when the computer is in sleep mode for a few hours.

I tried resetting the PRAM, the battery is fine because it doesn't drain when the computer is shut and the settings for sleep are fine too. What else can I do?

Battery drains during sleep mode

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.